I’m all about an easy cherry dump cake recipe. It’s a quick way to make dessert when you don’t have a lot of time. Instant Pot cherry dump cake is delicious, easy to make and has only 3 ingredients!
3 Ingredient Instant Pot Cherry Dump Cake
You really cannot go wrong with a good dump cake recipe. It’s one that will carry you for years and years. With dump cake you literally dump in all the ingredients in a baking dish and then throw it in the oven. It’s pretty fool proof and always comes out nicely.
Don’t miss out on any of the other dessert ideas on Seeing Dandy!
Tip For Making Dessert In An Instant Pot
Before you make any dessert in your Instant Pot you have to learn about this tip. It’s a must! The silicone sealing rings take on the smell (and taste) of whatever has been cooked in the Instant Pot. We cook lots of meat in the pot around here. Mostly pork and I didn’t want my desserts tasting like pork! So I ordered a set of silicone sealing rings for cooking different dishes.
Some people sweat that they are able to get the smell and flavor out of their Instant Pot silicone ring. I’ve tried and have not been successful. It’s clean. Believe me it is. And yet for me the foods still come out smelling like the pork that was cooked in the Instant Pot last!
The set of rings I ordered are blue, white and red. I love that they are color coded so I can designate specific rings for certain dishes. Perfect for keeping my dessert ring separate from the one for meats!
You can get your own set of Instant Pot silicone sealing rings HERE.
Easy Instant Pot Dessert
- 1/2 cup of butter (sliced)
- 1 can cherry filling
- 1/2 box of yellow cake mix (I used Funfetti)
What you’ll also need:
- Instant Pot (Or you can make this recipe in the oven at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.)
- 7-inch springform pan
- Nonstick cooking spray
What you’ll do:
View this post on Instagram
Steps for Instant Pot Dump Cake
- Spray the 7-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put cherry pie filling in the bottom of the springform pan.
- Sprinkle half of the box of dry cake mix all over the top. (You can use the other half to make 12 cupcakes!)
- Top the cake mix all over with slices of butter.
- Pour one cup of water into the inner pot.
- Place trivet inside inner pot and then place springform pan on the trivet.
- Put lid on your Instant Pot and set to manual high pressure for 40 minutes.
- Do a quick release when the Instant Pot finishes.
- Scoop out directly from the springform pan and enjoy!
This cherry dump came recipe is so delicious and easy to make!
Enjoy this Instant Pot cherry dump cake recipe?
Check out the other dessert ideas on the blog HERE.