The back to school countdown is on! My kids start back here in St. Louis in a week. I cannot believe how quickly summer just flew by. We do have one more vacation to go on before school starts back so my kiddos will actually be missing the first two days. They don’t do much in the first couple of days anyway, right?! At least that’s what I keep telling myself. We are headed to Lake Powell for our yearly houseboat gathering with family. Looking forward to spending some quality time together and just playing on the beach every day. Then it’s back to the daily grind. The kids are really excited to go back to school though and I’m excited about it, too. I’m also thrilled to be working with Schnucks on some after school snacks. This backyard snails snack idea is so adorably fun!
Schnucks is the St. Louis grocery store where our family shops. They carry so many unique items and the produce section is divine. Before we know it
Buffalo Celery Snails
What you’ll need:
- Dandy Celery Sticks Snack Pack
- StarKist Buffalo Tuna or Chicken Creations
- cherry tomatoes
- cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- cream cheese
- Wilton candy eyeballs – located in the baking aisle
- Simply cut the corner of StarKist bag and then squeeze the buffalo tuna directly into the celery.
- Place a cucumber slice upright into one end of the celery. You’ll want to put it upright into the buffalo tuna. Then place a tomato at the other end of the celery.
- Affix the candy eyes to the tomato using a small amount of cream cheese.
So easy to make and nutritious!
The backyard snails recipe is featured in this months Simply Schnucks magazine. Head over or view it online HERE. There are so many other great recipes and snack ideas to choose from. I know your kids will love all the after school snack choices from Schnucks!
Check, out some other dandy recipes on the blog HERE.
Be sure to pin it for later!
I hope your kids enjoy these after school snacks!