A few weeks ago I volunteered to teach a craft at the school party for Valentine’s Day. It was for my son’s kindergarten class and my idea to create Book Buddies actually was quite the hit! Read on to get all the details on how to make these fun DIY bookmarks.
Book Buddies Easy DIY Bookmark Craft for Kids
Children’s books are a big deal at our house. My husband and I love to read so naturally we are encouraging our love of reading to our kids. When I signed up to do the school craft, I wanted to encourage all the kids to want to sit down with a good book. I knew right away that I wanted to teach then to make a bookmark, but wasn’t sure what type. I headed to my local Hobby Lobby and saw these adorable pom pom creatures with the feet and the googly eyes. Instantly I knew that I needed to create a bookmark that had the little guy.
So I create book buddies!
Don’t miss out on any of the other DIY ideas on Seeing Dandy!
Easy To Make DIY Bookmarks
Encourage the love of reading with these cute bookmarks! A Book Buddy is easy to make and kids love them.
What you’ll need:
- Pom Pom Buddies – I remember these pom pom creatures from the 80’s!
- Glue Dots
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- Craft Shapes – Any shape that pom pom buddy fits on will work just fine. I found the felt ones for coloring at my local Hobby Lobby.
- Washable Markers
What you’ll do:
- Color the heart.
- Affix the popsicle stick to the back of the heart with glue dots.
- Add a pom pom buddy to the heart.
- If preferred, kids can write their names on the stick to specialize their bookmark.
Like most kids, my kids love creating crafts. So I knew that these bookmarks would be perfect for the school party and they were! The kids loved these little buddies. It was a great time making them and I was able to talk with the kids about their favorite children’s books. Double win!
Don’t miss out on all the other DIY ideas on the blog HERE.