Cherry chocolate chip muffins. Nom nom nom! Aren’t muffins great for breakfast and snack time? Basically anytime. Am I right? Combine cherry and chocolate together in a muffin form and you get some really delicious cherry chocolate chip muffins. This recipe is easy to follow and is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Perfect for serving at brunch, too!
Delicious Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Yields: 1 dozen
1 1/2 cups fresh pitted cherries, chopped; divided
2 cups all purpose flour plus 1 Tablespoon
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 large eggs
3 Tablespoons butter – melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups sour cream (full fat)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips plus 2 Tablespoons
12 whole fresh cherries, stemmed
1 Tablespoon coarse sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 12 count muffin pan with liners and spray with a coating spray like Pam. Set aside.
2. Rinse and remove the pits from the cherries and set aside in a bowl.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, both sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Whisk the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, butter, vanilla and sour cream.
5. Form a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the well. Stir 10-12 times to combine. Do not over stir. You want the batter to be lumpy! Over-stirring will create large air pockets in your muffins.
6. Gently fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup cherries.
7. Transfer the batter to the muffin cups, filling 3/4 of the way to the top of each liner. Sprinkle remaining cherry pieces and chocolate chips on top. Finish with placing a whole stemmed cherry on top of the batter. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffin tops are golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7. Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before allowing to cool on a wire rack.
8. ENJOY the cherry chocolate chip muffins!!
If you like this cherry chocolate chip muffins recipe then be sure to check out the other dandy recipes on the blog HERE.