Disney’s The Nutcracker and the Four Realms hit theaters everywhere last month so many have that association on their minds with the holidays. After all, it’s the perfect film for celebrating the holiday season. Decorating with Nutcracker motif this time of year is also quite popular. Like most people, I enjoy decorating the porch and front of our home for the holidays. Particularly the front doors. I decided that this year I wanted to include some Nutcracker decor and I have a feeling that it just might have to be the theme for years to come. It’s the perfect for Christmas decorating! I love the theme and I love the wreath that I came up with to complete the look. This DIY Nutcracker Christmas wreath is so easy to create and only costs $4 to make. Since we have double doors, I had to make two wreaths. Still such a great money saver at just $8 for both!
DIY Nutcracker Christmas Wreath Only $4 To Make
We are big fans of all things Nutcracker at our house. From way before the Disney movie. If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook then I’m sure that you’ve noticed our girl performs in Nutcracker On Ice. Last year she was a Sweet and this year she was a Fairy.
Nutcracker On Ice Moments
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
DIY Nutcracker Christmas Wreath
Nutcracker On Ice weekend has quickly become a family tradition for us to see each year. There is a lot of work that goes into it all, but it’s sweet to see how much Ivy enjoys it. Our girl gets a kick out of seeing Nutcracker decorations at the holidays and when I came across these adorable 10 inch tall Nutcrackers at Dollar Tree, I thought, “I can totally use these to make wreaths for the front doors!” And so I did.
Don’t miss any of the other DIY ideas on Seeing Dandy!
Easy Christmas Decorations
What you’ll need: (To make the wreath for just $4, you’ll need to get your supplies at Dollar Tree.)
- Wooden Nutcrackers – $1 at Dollar Tree
- Willow Wreaths – $1 at Dollar Tree
- Large Red Bows – $1 at Dollar Tree
- Green Burlap Ribbon – $1 at Dollar Tree
I love buying crafting supplies at Dollar Tree.
What you’ll do:
- Simply wrap the green burlap ribbon around the willow wreath. I secured both ends of the ribbon with hot glue directly to the wreath.
- Put hot glue on the bottom of the Nutcracker and quickly stand it not the inside of the wreath. I also added some hot glue to the top of the Nutcracker’s hat and affixed to the ribbon at the top of the wreath.
- Hot glue the red ribbon to the Nutcracker’s feet and the bottom of wreath.
- Use the remaining green ribbon to create a loop for hanging.
Such easy DIY ideas that create a fun look for your holiday decor.
And only costs $4 each!
Easy to make DIY Nutcracker Christmas wreath
If you liked this Christmas wreath idea then be sure to check out the other DIY craft ideas on the blog HERE.
Looking for a Nutcracker gift for your little lady? These dolls to commemorate the new movie are gorgeous and perfect for holiday gift giving.