Hippity hoppity Easter’s on its way and I have a very dandy chocolate covered Easter egg chocolate covered strawberries recipe that will be perfect for your holiday! Easter dinner has always been the time for loads of desserts. At least in my family that has always been the case. I’m sure it will still be that way this year but I’ll need to be extra careful with my selections. Being gluten-free means that desserts are hard to come by for me. At least the usual cake and pie is typically out. IF it’s made with regular flour instead of the gluten-free variety. But… Here’s a dessert that I can totally indulge in. Easter egg chocolate covered strawberries. I like to call ’em Easter berries. They’re gluten-free AND kind of healthy. Double win!
EASTER EGG CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES RECIPE
This recipe will yield one dozen hand-dipped chocolate covered Easter berries (strawberries):
12 Wilton chocolate melting chips each in pink, purple, orange, blue, yellow and white -NOTE : 12 chips will cover 2 strawberries
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
2. Rinse strawberries and dry completely. Place in refrigerator to chill.
3. Place the various colors of melting chips in small microwaveable bowls. (OR get this melting pot HERE.)
4. Microwave each bowl one at a time, for 30 seconds
5. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate onto 2 strawberries, covering completely except for the stem. Lay on baking sheet to harden. It will not take long to “set” because the strawberries were chilled.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all 6 colors.
7. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days until ready to serve.
Be sure to let me know how your Easter berries turn out!
Want to make these as a treat for another holiday? You totally can! Just picture it… Black and orange for Halloween… Red and green for Christmas… Red, white, and blue for Memorial Day or 4th of July. Yep. Total dandiness.
Easy way to decorate your kitchen for the season!
Be sure to check out the other Seeing Dandy recipes HERE.
Click below to get all the dandy in your inbox!