It’s truly a tale as old as time and the live action version is finally in theaters! Have you been to see the new Beauty and the Beast yet? This movie is making records and there’s a reason for that. It’s such a beautifully dandy film! To be able to share this movie with my daughter is wonderful and I’m sure many other parents feel the same way. It’s a tale that kids everywhere can enjoy and learn from. With kids viewing the new Beauty and the Beast on my mind… I’m so excited to share with you today this easy DIY Belle dress paper plate craft!
Easy DIY Belle Dress Paper Plate Craft
This craft is easy to do and perfect for school parties or snow day activities. Also great for Belle themed birthday parties!
How To Make A DIY Belle Dress
- 1 large white paper plate
- Glue stick or double-sided scotch tape
- Bright yellow paint
- Small pearl stickers
- 2 mini red ribbon bows
- 5 small white pom poms
HOW TO ASSEMBLE
1. For the bodice of the dress, cut 2 slits at the top of the plate, in the upper ridge, 2 inches apart.
2. Bend each side of the plate over towards the front until the sides overlap (see pic). (This helps you to see what part of the back of the plate needs painting).
3. Paint the front of the plate yellow. Set aside for 30 minutes to dry.
4. Paint the back of the plate (just the 2 ends that are pulled forward). Set aside for 20 minutes to dry.
5. Re-fold the 2 ends of the plate and glue or tape them to the main part of the plate.
6. Take a strand of the stick-on pearls and place them on the outer edge of the folded-over part of the plate. Repeat on the other end of the folded-over plate.
7. Glue a red glitter scrapbook bow on each side of the dress, above each pearl strand.
8. Apply the glue stick across the top of the bodice of the dress and place the 5 small white pom poms on top, all the way across.
Cute DIY Belle dress paper plate craft
Also the perfect activity to do either before or after seeing the movie!
I hope you enjoy the new live action Beauty and the Beast when you see it. Feel free to tell me in the comments all of your thoughts about the movie!
If you liked this easy DIY Belle dress paper plate craft then be sure to check out the other dandy craft projects HERE.
Click below to get all the dandy in your inbox!