We all have that something in our yard that we don’t like. Be it a tree that we would like to relocate or front steps that are in need of repair. There’s always something. My something is a lamp post from the 1960’s that I like to turn into a ghost yard decoration this time of the year. The lamp post itself serves no purpose at all really expect to just stand there all ominous between our house and the sidewalk. I think that at one time it might have been gas. It was then converted to electric but when we bought the home we realized that there was no switch to turn the light on. Upon further investigation we discovered that the electric line had been cut and capped off. Basically it’s just an eye sore in the front of our house. One day we will get it replaced. One day. For now though it makes the perfect structure for a ghost yard decoration!
This is by far the easiest DIY project. It’s so simple that a child can do it. In fact my son helped me in creating Mr. Ghost. Seriously in just a matter of minutes you will have a Halloween yard decoration!
Easy DIY Ghost Yard Decoration
What you’ll need:
- 1 white King size top sheet (or smaller depending on the height of your lamp post)
- 1 black permanent marker
- A pair of scissors IF you need to shorten your sheet (again depending on the lamp post height).
- Place the sheet over your lamp post to get a measurement of the right location where you would like to place your ghost’s eyes and mouth.
- Mark the location with a pencil or pen mark.
- Lie the sheet on a flat surface and draw on your ghost face.
- Throw your ghost sheet over your lamp post and you are done!
Seriously one of the easiest Halloween decorations that you will ever make.
If you liked this ghost yard decoration then be sure to check out my other DIY craft ideas HERE.
Pin it for later!