It’s the season of school Halloween parties! Are you doing the whole room parent thing? If so then this is a super easy DIY Halloween play dough recipe that will be perfect for the classroom party. If you have a preschooler too! I’m sure the little littles will especially love it. The older kids might actually enjoy making it at the party. Dandy classroom party activity for sure! Just picture it. Each kiddo will receive a little canister of Halloween play dough and perhaps you can even tie on a Halloween cookie cutter with a ribbon. Definitely a memorable party gift!
Easy DIY Halloween Play Dough Recipe
2 cups cornstarch
1 cup white or clear hair conditioner
Orange food gel
Black food gel
Optional-Pumpkin pie spice
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the cornstarch and hair conditioner. Stir with a spatula until a soft dough begins to form. Depending on the type of hair conditioner you use, you may have to add more cornstarch. Just experiment until you achieve the right texture for your play dough.
3. Divide the dough up into three equal parts and transfer 2 of the parts to separate mixing bowls. Set aside the extra part for later use. One bowl will remain white dough.
4. Add orange food color to the first bowl. It’s easier to just use your hands to knead the dough to incorporate the color through out. Gets a bit messy as you will get some food color on your hands (unless you wear gloves) but it easily washes off with a little Dawn liquid soap and water.
5. Add black food color to the other bowl and follow the above steps to color the dough.
6. Optional– add pumpkin pie spice to your orange play dough and marshmallow flavoring to the white play dough for some awesome fall scents.
7. Transfer the dough to a silicone mat, add some fun stuff like cookie cutters and watch your kids have hours of fun!
Happy Halloween Party Planning!
You’ll have to let me know how the easy DIY Halloween play dough recipe turns out.
Be sure to check out my other DIY ideas HERE.
Click below to get all the dandy in your inbox!