Once upon a time our girl wanted to be a unicorn for Halloween. And I saw costume after costume online that was just too expensive. Having three kids of course means three halloween costumes. So I decided that it would be super easy to create a DIY unicorn costume. And it was! Read on to find out what you’ll need to create this look.
Easy DIY Unicorn Costume For Halloween
It was so easy to create this halloween costume. Plus, parts of it our little gal was able to wear again and again as a non costume. The costume itself didn’t take that long to make either.
And clearly she loved how her unicorn Halloween costume turned out!
View this post on Instagram
I have to admit that it’s one of my favorite DIY costumes.
Don’t miss any of the latest on Seeing Dandy or the other Halloween costume ideas!
DIY Costumes Are Easy To Make!
What you’ll need to create this unicorn Halloween costume:
- white long sleeved shirt
- white leggings
- rainbow tulle in various unicorn colors of choice
- sparkly twine
- sewing elastic
- 12×12 sheet of glitter cardstock
- white headband
- artificial flowers
- sheet of white felt
What you’ll need to do:
- Make a circle out of the elastic to fit around your little one’s waist. Then cut the tulle into strips and the tie all around the elastic to make a ballerina skirt. You can make the tulle be as long or as short as you desire.
- Create the unicorn horn by rolling the cardstock into a horn shape. You can use hot glue to secure the edge. Then just wind the decorative twine around the horn. Affix the finished horn to the headband with hot glue.
I’m a BIG fan of hot glue. Especially for Halloween costumes.
- Lastly, just cut out some felt ears and attach to attach to the headband with some flowers in front of the horn. Also with hot glue. Ha!
I also added in some color hair extension clips.
It’s as easy as that!
Have a very Happy Halloween!