Right now I have some really yummy cookies in my dining room. Lots and lots of yummy cookies. Girl Scout cookies. Thin mint cookies. Samoa cookies. All the cookies that I can’t eat. Blast you, celiac disease thing. Blast you. Ugh. I totally missed out on Girl Scout cookie season. Not dandy. But… Just because I can’t indulge in the Girl Scout cookies anymore doesn’t mean that I’m going to leave you out in the cold. Here’s a really dandy Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mint dessert recipe that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. And… I can totally make this recipe gluten free if I use a gluten free cake mix and gluten free cookies. It won’t be exactly the same, but it will still taste yummy!
Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mint Dessert Recipe
13 oz. jar or 2 (7 oz) Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
8 oz brick full-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup vanilla cake mix
12 Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies plus a few for garnish
1/4 cup mint M&M’s
Green food coloring (optional)
1. Mix the marshmallow cream and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy – about 3 minutes.
2. Add the cake mix and mix for an additional 30 seconds.
3. If you would like to tint the dip green, add a drop or two of green food coloring. Use the electric mixer to fully incorporate the color through out the dip – about 1 minute on medium speed.
4. Chill for 30 minutes.
5. Cut the Thin Mint cookies into small pieces.
6. Chop the mint M&M’s into smaller pieces. You can place them in a Ziploc bag and roll them with a rolling pin to break them up.
7. Once the dip is chilled, fold in the chopped cookie and candy pieces.
8. Garnish with additional whole cookies and candy pieces.
9. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve; store in an airtight container.
10. Serve with fresh fruit, graham crackers, nilla wafers and pretzels.
Easy To Make Thin Mint Dessert
There you have it. A dessert that is super easy to make and super yummy. Just in time for Girl Scout Cookie season!
Need a cute bowl to serve it in? Try one of these pretties.
Be sure to check out the other delicious recipes on the blog HERE.