Peppermint and Christmas? Yes, please. This candy cane dip recipe comes complete with the smell and taste of the holidays! Plus, it can be a totally gluten free recipe. When it comes to a Christmas party, you cannot go wrong with a peppermint flavored dessert. It just fits perfectly in the winter months. ‘Tis the season for holiday recipes!
Gluten Free Candy Cane Dip Recipe
Don’t miss any of the other recipes on Seeing Dandy!
One of our favorite books this time of year is The Sweet Smell of Christmas.
It’s such a darling book and our children absolutely adore it. The book is one that both my husband and myself remember from our own childhoods. A definite treasure. Our children love to explore the different smells of Christmas throughout the book. The smell of peppermint is by far a favorite. It’s a smell that is associated with the holiday because of the candy cane. And what kid doesn’t love candy canes?
Peppermint Flavored Dessert
Yields: 2 cups
8 oz. brick of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
7 oz. Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
1 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/3 cup crushed peppermint pieces
Vanilla wafers, pretzels, graham crackers, graham dippers (These are not gluten free, so be sure to get gluten free ones for it to be a gluten free recipe.)
Candy Cane Kisses, for garnish
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese, marshmallow creme and peppermint extract.
2. With an electric mixer, beat on low/medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Fold in the peppermint pieces.
4. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
5. When ready to serve, transfer dip to serving bowl (you can get a Christmas tree dish HERE that’s perfect for serving the candy cane dip) and then garnish with chopped candy cane on top. Serve with gluten free pretzels, gluten free vanilla wafers and/or gluten free graham crackers to be a truly gluten free recipe.
6. Serve at your Christmas party!
Pin it for later!