Autumn treats are the best. Like these gluten free caramel apple Rice Krispies treats. Mmmm. It truly is the time of year for all things caramel apple. Have you had the caramel apple cider drink yet at Starbucks? I have not and think that I need to rectify that stat. I’m thinking a drive-thru run today is in order… But until then here’s a fantastically dandy gluten free recipe that’s sure to please all the fall crowds at your house. It’s a recipe that can carry over into your winter celebrations too. Okay let’s be real. This is an all year round kind of recipe because how can you really go wrong with anything caramel apple?
1. Spray a 9×13 panwith a non-stick coating spray. Set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Add the marshmallows and stir occassionally until melted.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the cereal and until well-coated.
5. Transfer the cereal mixture to prepared pan and press down firmly.
6. Cool for at least 45 minutes in the pan.
7. Once cooled, spread a thin layer of the caramel apple frosting on top of the Rice Krispies treats.
8. Place the apple slices from the apple pie filling on top of the frosting.
9. Lightly sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the apples.
10. In a microwave safe bowl, add the caramel bits and a teaspoon of water. Microwave for 30 seconds and remove from oven. Stir and let cool for 5 minutes to thicken.
11. Drizzle the caramel sauce on top of the Rice Krispies treats.
*Keep in a single layer in an airtight container for up to one week.
And be sure to serve this autumn creation on some really cute fall plates!
If you like these gluten free caramel apple rice krispies treats then be sure to check out my other gluten free recipes HERE.