Autumn treats are the best. Like these gluten free caramel apple Rice Krispies treats. Mmmm. It truly is the time of year for all things caramel apple. Have you had the caramel apple cider drink yet at Starbucks? I have not and think that I need to rectify that stat. I’m thinking a drive-thru run today is in order… But until then here’s a fantastically dandy gluten free recipe that’s sure to please all the fall crowds at your house. It’s a recipe that can carry over into your winter celebrations too. Okay let’s be real. This is an all year round kind of recipe because how can you really go wrong with anything caramel apple?
Gluten Free Caramel Apple Rice Krispies Treats
Yields: 1 dozen
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Add the marshmallows and stir occassionally until melted.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the cereal and until well-coated.
5. Transfer the cereal mixture to prepared pan and press down firmly.
6. Cool for at least 45 minutes in the pan.