Last week I was in Disneyland and there’s a really dandy gluten free pineapple treat there. Know what I’m talking about? Are you a fan of Dole Whip? This gluten free pineapple treat recipe actually reminds me of a Dole Whip. Perhaps I still have Disney on my mind since we only just arrived back home yesterday… My family and I love a good Dole Whip. We’ve found that the perfect thing to do is to grab a Dole Whip float and enjoy it in the Enchanted Tiki Room. But what to do after you return home and find yourself away from the land of the Dole Whip dandiness? Not to stress. You can either reserve an ice cream machine rental in St. Louis with a bag of the Dole Whip mix or you can make this gluten free pineapple chocolate snack alternative.
Easy To Make Gluten Free Pineapple Treat
This recipe will yield 1 dozen aloha pineapple treats.
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple.
3. Slice the pineapple into rings, leaving the skin on.
4. Cut the pineapple rings into wedges and lay on the cookie sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
5. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the dark cocoa melts for 45 seconds. Stir. Continue to microwave in 15 second intervals until completely melted. Stir after each interval.
6. Dip a pineapple wedge into the melted chocolate.
7. Lay on cookie sheet.
8. Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle with coconut and macadamia nuts. Gently press a maraschino cherry into the chocolate.
There you have it.
A gluten free pineapple chocolate snack that the whole family can enjoy.
What’s your favorite pineapple flavored treat?
If you liked this gluten free pineapple treat recipe then be sure to check out my other gluten free recipes HERE.