Do you have your Father’s Day cupcakes baked and ready for their big debut tomorrow? What? You FORGOT the cupcakes??? Didn’t you know that the dads are all about the sweets? And not just any kind of sweets. They like desserts. Basically any type of dessert is going to be a hit on Father’s Day. I mean honestly. Isn’t the age old adage the quickest way to a man’s heart is through the stomach? And YOU forgot the Father’s Day cupcakes. Not to worry. There’s still time. I’ve got the fix for you. This golf cupcakes recipe is super easy to make and oh so dandy.
Easy To Make Golf Cupcakes Recipe For Father’s Day
These golf cupcakes make the perfect…
Golf Cupcakes Recipe
INGREDIENTS FOR VANILLA CUPCAKES
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, unsalted (softened)
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
Green sugar crystals
1/2 cup Graham cracker crumbs
Small white candy balls (white Sixlets work perfectly)
Small paper flags (Can be purchased at Michaels)
DIRECTIONS FOR VANILLA CUPCAKES
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°.
2. Spray 12 muffin tins or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar on medium speed for about two minutes or until light and creamy.
5. Add the butter and vanilla and beat on low speed until well-blended.
6. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just blended.
7. Fold in the sour cream and mix until smooth.
8. Pour the cupcake batter 3/4 the way into each cupcake liner.
9. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
10. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for five minutes.
11. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire cooling rack to complete the cooling process.
12. Frost with vanilla buttercream icing (recipe below) when completely cooled.
13. Sprinkle the entire top of each cupcake with green sugar crystals, making sure there is no visible icing. Let set for about 5 minutes.
14. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of graham cracker crumbs in the middle of each cupcake to resemble the sands on a golf course.
15. Place a paper flag in the middle of the cupcake.
16. Lay a white Sixlet candy next to the flag to resemble a golf ball.
Be sure to get some Wilton decorating tips to ice with ease!
INGREDIENTS FOR VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter, unsalted (softened)
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
3-4 Tablespoons milk
DIRECTIONS FOR VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
1. In a medium bowl, cream the butter on medium speed with an electric mixer for two minutes.
2. Add the powdered sugar to the creamed butter and mix on low speed until well incorporated.
3. Add the vanilla extract, salt and 3 tablespoons of milk and mix on medium speed for three minutes until light and fluffy.
4. NOTE: to achieve your desired frosting consistency, add powdered sugar to thicken and 1T milk to thin out.
5. Frost on cooled cupcakes.
See what I mean? Super easy golf cupcakes recipe to follow. You’ll have to let me know how they turn out for you.
Have a very happy Father’s Day with this easy to make golf cupcakes recipe!
If you liked this recipe then be sure to check out the other dandy recipes HERE.
Click below to get all the dandy in your inbox!