I know you have probably forgotten what is coming up soon. We get busy. It happens. The Halloween school parties will be here before you know it! It’s coming and soon. Are you ready for it? Not to worry. Here’s a Halloween activity project that is perfect for the school parties! Kids love all things Disney so you cannot go wrong with this Halloween Mickey kids stitch craft. It’s super easy to make and will end up being a dandy Halloween decoration for years to come. Plus, it’s extra easy on the budget. Definitely a win-win.
Assembly – Place your 5×8 foam sheet on top of your foam board or empty box.
– Place your template on top of your 5×8 foam sheet.
– Using your bead reamer, wooden skewer or nail, punch several small holes along the outside edge and highlights of your template. Be sure to punch hard enough to make it all the way through your 5×8 foam sheet.
– Cut a manageable length of colored embroidery floss for your child to work with.
– Use tape to bind one end of the floss as shown. This will make it easy for your child to thread the plastic needle.
– Have your child tie a knot on the other end of the floss securing the needle to the floss as shown.
– Start your craft by threading the needle from the back of the 5×8 foam sheet. The tape will act as a stopper on the back of the sheet.
– Change thread color out for your child as needed.
– Repeat the process for the second Halloween template and foam sheet.
See what I mean? Easy enough!
I hope you enjoyed this Halloween Mickey kids stitch craft. Be sure to check out my other DIY projects HERE.