Are you looking for a healthy after school snack for your kiddos? One that they will really like to see and eat? Then look no further than this dandy idea. It’s especially perfect for kids who like LEGOS. Have them build AND eat their snack at the same time before it’s homework time!
I don’t know about your kids but my kids LOVE two things. They love PB and J and they love LEGOS. So if you put the two together then you will have a healthy after school snack that the kids will be really impressed with. What more could anyone want? Healthy after school snack. Happy kids. It’s definitely a win-win!
Here’s whatcha gotta do. Grab your ingredients and it will all come together rather quickly.
INGREDIENTS (Get all the ingredients and MORE delivered directly to your door via the brand new Amazon Fresh HERE.)
- 10 slices whole wheat bread (or any variety you prefer)
- Peanut butter (JIF Whips will spread easier)
- Jelly (shown with strawberry)
1. Make 4 PBJ sandwiches.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut off the crusts of each sandwich.
3. Cut the remaining sandwich into a rectangular shape. Depending on the size of your bread you might be able to get 2 shapes out of your sandwich.
4. With the extra 2 remaining pieces of bread, cut out circular shapes with a fondant cutter or the back of an icing tip.
5. Attach 6 circular shapes on top of each sandwich with a dab of peanut butter to resemble a LEGO brick.
There you have it.
Quite possibly the easiest healthy after school snack that you will ever make!
If you like this easy snack idea then be sure to check out our other dandy recipes HERE.
Click below to get all the dandy in your inbox!