New Years Eve will be here before you know it! This homemade pita chips recipe is perfect for New Years Eve, football parties or anytime.
Homemade Pita Chips Recipe Perfect For New Years Eve
For New Years Eve and parties I’m all about the appetizers. Pita chips are the perfect way to enjoy your favorite dips!
Don’t miss out on any of the other recipes on Seeing Dandy!
Homemade Pita Chips Recipe
*Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup yogurt
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- First, active the yeast with warm water and wait 10 minutes
2. In a large bowl mix the milk, yogurt and water.
3. After, add the active yeast, salt, sugar, and flour.
4. Start to knead.
5. After we have a dough that will not stick to our hands, grease the bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil to prevent sticking.
6. Put the dough into the bowl and leave it to ferment for 1 hour.
7. Take the dough after fermentation, make a roll and divide to equal 12 pieces.
8. Roll out all the pieces in a round shape.
9. Put 2 dough one after the other and close the edges by pressing with finger.
10. Put the pita breads in a tray and bake in the oven (200 C / 392 F) for 15 minutes.
11. After it baked take out them and let it cool.
12. Divide the breads in to two from middle and cut them into triangles.
13. Put olive oil, salt and dried thyme on top.
14. Bake in the oven (180 C / 356 C) for 10 minutes.
Such an easy and delicious recipe to make your own pita chips at home!
Be sure to check out the other appetizers and recipes on the blog HERE.