If you scour the web you’ll find thousands upon thousands of Dole Whip recipes. But are they the real deal? Which is the best? How do they really stack up to the Disney treat? Well, unfortunately they aren’t authentic. Below you will find the real Dole Whip recipe so you can make the popular pineapple treat at home. And you don’t need a soft serve ice cream machine to make it!
How To Make Real Dole Whip At Home
This delicious treat is not just available at Disney World, Disneyland or the Dole Plantation in Hawaii. It’s so easy to make real Dole Whip at home.
Don’t miss out on any of the other Disney food and Disney ideas on Seeing Dandy!
Real Dole Whip Recipe
What you’ll need:
- pineapple soft serve mix– This is the real mix that is served at Disney World and Disneyland! Also served at the Dole Plantation in Hawaii.
- ice cream maker
- rock salt
What you’ll do:
- Measure out how much of the mix you’d like to make per the directions on the back of the bag. If you are using the entire bag then you’ll reconstitute the powder mix with 2 gallons of water. But you can definitely make a smaller batch to fit your specifications.
- Mix well with whisk in a pitcher or bucket.
- Pour into ice cream maker canister and put on the lid.
- Add ice and rock salt (alternating layers) around the canister.
- Start ice cream maker and churn for approximately 30 minutes. Some ice cream makers may finish sooner and some will take longer. If needed you can check the consistency as you go.
- When finished your ice cream maker will either shut off or start to churn very slowly meaning that the pineapple soft serve is now a more solid/thick consistency.
Looking for a delicious copycat Dole Whip recipe? You’ll find the best ones HERE.
Be sure to check out the other Disney food and Disney ideas on the blog HERE.