Happy National Johnny Appleseed Day! (Thanks to The Reese Triplets for the reminder.) I figured that this would be the perfect time to share the delicious Instant Pot cinnamon apple oatmeal baby food recipe that I made recently. So easy and inexpensive to make!
Instant Pot Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Baby Food Recipe
I’ve been cooking (and baking) a lot lately in the Instant Pot. An Instant Pot sure helps out with our busy schedule and creates recipes so much faster.
National Johnny Appleseed Day
We all learned during our school days about the man who tended orchards. John Chapman became known as Johnny Appleseed when he traveled the country to propagate apple orchards with seeds. Along the way he also shared uplifting messages. National Johnny Appleseed Day is recognized on either September 26th (John Chapman’s birthday) or March 11th.
Don’t miss out on any of the other baby food recipes on Seeing Dandy!
Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Baby Food
What you’ll need:
- pressure cooker and trivet (We love our Instant Pot here.)
- round CorningWare dish to fit inside pressure cooker
- 2 red delicious apples (Eckert’s has the best ones.)
- 1 honey crisp apple (Adds a touch of sweetness.)
- 1/2 cup baby oatmeal (Or more if you’d like a thicker consistency.)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon (optional)
- baby food jars for freezing (These are the ones we have.)
*recipe makes approximately 12 servings that are 2 ounce in size
What you’ll do:
- Put 1 cup water in Instant Pot inner
- Peel and slice apples
- Place in CorningWare dish
- Add 2 tablespoons water
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Place on trivet inside Instant Pot
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes
- Quick release
- When finished carefully remove from the Instant Pot and place apples in food processor with 1/2 cup water (or more if you want a thinner texture).
- Puree for 1 min
- Pour pureed apples into a mixing bowl and stir in 1/2 cup oatmeal
- Store in freezable baby food containers for up to 3 months. (These are the ones we have.)
Such an easy way to make baby food! And my baby loves the cinnamon flavor on the apples!
Check out the other baby food recipes on the blog HERE.