If you haven’t tried it yet then get yourself a pressure cooker and start making being able to gather around the dinner table easier. Pressure cooking just makes life so much easier! Loaded baked potato soup can be done in the Instant Pot in less than 30 minutes and that’s always a win. It gives you the ability to eat dinner together as a family even with the busy schedules!
Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe Made Easy
What can I say? Mom life is busy. There’s always tons of after school activities. It’s really hard to all be able to sit down to together in the evening for dinner, but I promise you that it can be done. We try to eat together most nights of the week. Even if that means sometimes we are eating really late. It still happens!
With the help of a pressure cooker you can get a delicious meal on the table in less than 30 minutes. There are so many different dinner recipes (and desserts) that be made in a pressure cooker. All delicious and so easy to make!
See more great Instant Pot recipes HERE.
Don’t miss out on any of the other easy recipes on the Seeing Dandy Blog!
Pressure Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe
This Instant Pot loaded baked potato soup recipe is easy to make and helps you get dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Ingredients for Instant Pot loaded baked potato soup:
½ c yellow onion, diced
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 c chicken broth
4 oz cream cheese
4 medium russet potatoes diced
A pinch of salt
1 c half and half
Pepper to taste
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
½ c bacon lardons or crumbles
Bacon lardons or crumbles
Shredded cheddar cheese
Directions for Instant Pot loaded baked potato soup:
- Turn the instant pot to saute.
- Add bacon lardons and saute for 3 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Add diced onion and saute for 2 minutes or until soft, stir as needed.
- Add minced garlic and saute for 1 minute. Turn the instant pot off to avoid burning the garlic!
- Scrub and dice potatoes. Cut them into small chunks.
- Add the potatoes to the instant pot.
- Add a pinch of salt, and chicken broth.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and seal the valve.
- Set the instant pot to manual setting and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- When the timer dings, quick release the steam.
- Immediately add cream cheese, cut into chunks for easier melting.
- Add half and half, and pepper to taste.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese.
- Replace the lid and allow the cheeses to melt into the soup for about 5 minutes.
- Stir and serve immediately.
- Garnish with sliced green onions, additional bacon crumbles or lardons and extra cheddar cheese.
It’s that easy to make loaded baked potato soup in the Instant Pot with this delicious recipe. Gather together around the table again with the help of a pressure cooker!
Check out the other Instant Pot recipes on the Seeing Dandy blog HERE.
Get an Instant Pot!