It’s so important for kids to wash their hands. Especially during this pandemic! What better way to encourage kids to have good hand washing than with soap with bugs inside of it? The more they wash, the closer they get to the plastic bugs inside. Get this easy to make recipe for kids bug soap below!
How To Make Kids Bug Soap With This Easy Recipe
Halloween time (or any time of the year really) is perfect for making soap with creepy crawly things inside! These soaps are great for bathroom Halloween decorating or in the kids bathroom.
Don’t miss out on any of the other kids crafts and DIY ideas on Seeing Dandy!
Homemade Bug Soap
This homemade bug soap is so easy to make and kids love it!
- Clear Glycerin Soap Base – ½ pound for 3 soaps (9 – 1”x1” cubes) Use a full pound of soap to make 6 soaps.
- Oval soap mold
- Assorted bug toys
- Microwave safe measuring cup
- Wooden craft stick
- spray bottle filled with rubbing alcohol
- Cut soap into 1”x1” cubes and place in measuring cup.
- Heat on high in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir well. If not completely melted, heat in additional 10 second increments, stirring between each heating session, until fully melted.
- Pour a small amount of soap into each mold, just to fill the bottom of the mold.
- Place a bug into each mold face down (because the bottom is the top on these molds), and move around to fit as necessary.
- Fill the rest of each mold with soap.
- Spray the top of each soap filled mold with alcohol to reduce bubbles.
- Allow soap to set for an hour or more before removing them from the mold.
Be sure to check out the other kids crafts and DIY ideas on the blog HERE.