For Valentine’s Day this year I decided to create a DIY gift for my husband that also holds a cherished memory. We are wanderlust kind of people, but one of our favorite places is his family cabin outside of Ennis, Montana. A wood slice state sign was definitely a fitting way to feature our favorite place. Then I got to thinking that this type of DIY wood sign would be perfect for documenting all of our travels. Stay tuned on that…
How To Make A Wood Slice State Sign
Cabin life. We sure do love visiting the family cabin. It’s about 45 minutes from Yellowstone and set directly across from the Madison River. Such a beautiful part of the country and the perfect place to relax.
Ennis, Montana Cabin Life
Don’t miss out on any of the other DIY ideas on Seeing Dandy!
This is such an easy DIY project and the perfect way to feature your favorite travels in your home.
What you’ll need:
- State and bear SVG file.
What you’ll do:
- Cut the SVG file images out on a vinyl cutter.
- Weed out the vinyl on the inner part of the image to create a stencil.
- Place the state stencil onto wood slice and smooth out bubbles to secure flat to the surface.
- Paint the inside of the stencil with your choice of paint color that you would like for the state.
- Allow to dry for about 15 minutes and then peel off the vinyl at a diagonal angle.
- Repeat the steps by placing the bear stencil onto the painted state.
It’s that easy to make a wood slice state sign!
We sure do love vacationing the cabin life in Ennis, Montana. I placed the bear in location where the cabin is. My goal is to create a partial wall of our favorite places in the form of wood signs. Can you picture it? Colorful states and countries to showcase our travels. I love how the Montana silhouette wood sign turned out and I cannot wait to make more!
Don’t miss out on all the other DIY ideas on the blog HERE.