Looking for fun holiday desserts? These mason jar chocolate cupcakes are so easy to make and can be given a festive twist for the holidays. And… the recipe is all about dressing up a boxed cake mix!
Mason Jar Chocolate Cupcakes Using A Boxed Cake Mix
There’s still time to get that holiday baking finished! But you might be questioning just how to fit it all in with everything else going on this busy time of year…
Christmas baking is ultimately made even easier simply by dressing up a boxed cake mix. You can quickly make holiday desserts that would normally take several hours!
Don’t miss out on any of the other Christmas recipes on Seeing Dandy!
Mason Jar Chocolate Cupcakes Christmas Dessert
Such an easy to make Christmas dessert!
Yield: Approximately 12 mason jar cupcake desserts (depending on the size jars you use)
Ingredient Shopping List
Devils food cake mix
Instant chocolate pudding
Butter- not margarine
Food coloring (optional)
What else you’ll need
Muffin tins for 24 muffins/cupcakes
12 Mason/canning jars (jelly jars work best)
Cupcake liners (optional)
Decorations to top off the cupcakes: optional
Pastry bags (Disposable 12” Wilton pastry bags work well.)
Frosting tip (A Wilton 32 frosting tip works well.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all the following ingredients together:
1 Box of devil’s food cake mix
1 box of instant chocolate pudding
¾ Cup sour cream
¾ cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
¾ cup water
- Fill cupcake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
*Makes 24 cupcakes
2 sticks of butter
½ C Cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla
½ C heavy whipping cream
5 C powdered sugar
Optional: food coloring of your choice
Cream the cream cheese and the butter together, add vanilla. Alternate powdered sugar and heavy cream until frosting is a thick consistency. You don’t want it too thick, because you have to get it through the decorating tip. Add food coloring if desired.
- Cut the tip off of a frosting bag, be careful not to take off too much. Fill the pastry bag half full and twist it until the frosting moves through the tip.
- Cut the cupcakes in half.
- Squirt some frosting into the bottom of a mason jar.
- Add a cupcake half and apply more frosting.
- Repeat until the jar is full.
- Sprinkle with colored sugars or decorations while the frosting is still wet.
- Store decorated cupcakes in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
So delicious and easy to make!
How cute is this Christmas dessert?!
Be sure to check out the other Christmas recipes on the blog HERE.