It’s October and October is the time for breast cancer awareness. These pink ribbon white chocolate Oreo pops are great for raising awareness and showing support. Plus, you can honestly make the ribbon in any color you would like because cancer comes in all colors.
Cancer. It has taken a lot from me and my family. I will never understand the amount of power it has or why it strikes the way it does. Cancer is relentless and unforgiving. It makes people feel helpless. What do you do when it strikes? How do you get through it? Simply being there for each other is a start. Showing support is so very important and appreciated. Participate in walks and fundraisers. Help to raise awareness by wearing the color ribbons.
Pink Ribbon White Chocolate Oreo Pops
This recipe will yield 6 Oreo Pops (double the recipe if you need a dozen)
1. In a microwave safe bowl (OR you can use this candy melting pot), add the solid shortening and microwave for 35 seconds.
2. Add the white chocolate melts into the bowl and stir until melted.
3. Untwist and take the tops off of the Oreo cookies.
4. Dip the top 1/4 of each lollipop stick into the melted white chocolate and gently press into the Oreo cream center of each cookie. Place tops of cookies back on. Let set for one minute.
5. Dip each side of the Oreo cookies on a stick into the melted white chocolate, letting the excess white chocolate run off the cookie. Place on wax paper to set for at least 30 minutes.
6. To make the pink ribbon, place the pink chocolate melts into the Wilton decorating bag and twist the bag above the melts.
4. Microwave on defrost setting for one minute. Knead the bag to help fully melt the pink candy pieces.
5. Continue to microwave and knead at 20 second intervals until the candy is smooth and completely melted.
6. Once melted, snip off the tip of the bag and gently squeeze the melted candy onto each cookie pop in the shape of a breast cancer awareness ribbon. Let set for 5 minutes.