Decorating sugar cookies has always been a great family activity. It’s also the perfect activity for fall and winter! There are so many different ways to create delicious treats from one sugar cookie recipe. Pumpkin sugar cookies are festive and easy to make. Read on to get the fall recipe!
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies Unique Recipe For Fall
A great cookie fall recipes for a Halloween party!
Have you decorated yet for fall? There’s still plenty of time to get your fall decorations HERE.
Don’t miss out on any of the other fall ideas on Seeing Dandy!
Delicious Fall Cookies
- green Sour Punch Straws or green licorice
- 1 egg
- 2 and 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium size bowl and then set aside.
- With either a hand mixer or stand mixer (my preferred method) mix sugar, butter, egg and vanilla at high speed until creamy.
- Combine ingredients in medium size bowl into large bowl. Mix well.
- Form dough into balls using a small cookie scoop.
- Roll in orange sanding sugar.
- Place balls of cookie dough on cookie sheet about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes
- Place cookies on a wire cooling rack.
- Immediately press green Sour Patch Straws (or green licorice) into cookie as show below. You want to make sure to do this while the cookies are still warm to avoid breaking the cookie.
It’s that easy to make these fun fall cookies!
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
Also perfect for serving at a Halloween party!
Be sure to check out the other fall ideas on the blog HERE.