It’s the most wonderful time of the year for spending a cozy night at home with a delicious mug of hot cocoa! Nutella hot chocolate is a flavorful twist on the classic hot chocolate recipe and is it ever delicious. Made with just a few simple ingredients, milk and Nutella, it’s the perfect warm drink to enjoy on those chilly days of winter or to serve throughout the holiday season. Definitely my new go to drink with warm milk. So easy to make and you can find a printable recipe card below!
How To Make Nutella Hot Chocolate For Christmas
My personal favorite beverage for the winter months is always a nice, large mug of hot chocolate. It’s also the perfect addition for a festive holiday party with a hot chocolate bar.
If you are a Nutella fan then this is the perfect hot chocolate recipe for you. I mean Nutella. It tends do be a favorite among chocolate lovers. Mmmm. I mean seriously. How can anything with Nutella go wrong? If a recipe has Nutella in it then my ears are definitely listening! Plus, this particular hot chocolate recipe is so easy to make and sized just right to make one serving. So you can make up a quick one for yourself, put it in a travel mug, and then head out to run your errands. Also easy to make this deliciousness in a bigger batch by simply multiplying by the number of servings you need. I might have to try this out in my slow cooker or the Instant Pot for a really quick batch.
If you need an Instant Pot then might I suggest getting one HERE. But remember that you can also make this recipe right on the stove just fine. Totally your choice and preference!
Don’t miss any of the other great recipes on Seeing Dandy!
What does Nutella Hot Chocolate taste like?
Nutella hot chocolate tastes like a rich and creamy combination of chocolate and hazelnut. The Nutella adds a sweetness and nutty flavor to the hot chocolate, while the cocoa powder provides a deep chocolate flavor. The overall taste is similar to a chocolate hazelnut spread, but with a more liquid consistency.
Some people describe the taste of Nutella hot chocolate as being similar to Ferrero Rocher chocolate candies, or to a hazelnut latte from a coffee shop. Others say that it tastes like a combination of chocolate fondue and Nutella.
Ultimately, the taste of Nutella hot chocolate is subjective and will vary depending on the individual’s preferences. However, most people agree that it is a delicious and decadent treat.
Nutella Hot Chocolate Recipe
With simple ingredients, this recipe makes an indulgent hot chocolate that can easily be made in a big batch!
What you’ll need for this holiday recipe:
– 1.5 cups of whole milk
– 4 tablespoons of chocolate hazelnut spread (add extra Nutella or some cocoa powder if you’d like an even more chocolate flavor)
- Favorite hot cocoa toppings, which could include whipped cream chocolate chips, marshmallows, chocolate syrup or caramel sauce (optional)
How to make this holiday recipe:
– In a large pot use a whisk to mix together the Nutella and milk over medium heat.
– Keep mixing until it’s frothy and the Nutella has melted.
- Pour into a cute mug and top with whip cream!
- Sprinkle some mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, chocolate sauce or any number of your favorites on top of the whipped cream for a truly delicious drink!
- It’s that’s simple to make the best hot chocolate. This will be your go to hot chocolate recipe from now on.
You can print or share from the recipe card below. Enjoy!
Variations on creamy Nutella hot chocolate:
- Hazelnut Hot Chocolate: For a more intense hazelnut flavor, use hazelnut milk instead of regular milk.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Hot Chocolate: For a richer chocolate flavor, add 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to the hot chocolate while it is heating up.
- Nutella White Hot Chocolate: For a white chocolate version of this recipe, use white chocolate cocoa powder instead of regular cocoa powder.
No matter how you make it, Nutella hot chocolate is a delicious and comforting way to enjoy the winter season!
Looking for more Nutella recipes? There are so many good recipe ideas out there that incorporate the flavor of creamy Nutella. Here are just a few that I’ve been wanting to try:
Nutella Cupcakes from Handle the Heat
3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from Crazy for Crust
Nutella Pie from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Don’t miss the other delicious recipes right here on Seeing Dandy! I have many holiday recipes to choose from HERE.
* blog post and recipe updated in November 2023