This post could contain affiliate links or be sponsored which means I earn from advertising. Also as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. More details here.
It’s Shamrock Shake season! The minty shake is most definitely a popular one and many wish that it was for more than just limited time. Fortunately the mint-flavored milkshake can be replicated into a shamrock shake fudge recipe that will become one of your favorite things to enjoy all year long!
Easy To Make Shamrock Shake Fudge Recipe
With my Irish heritage, you already know that I’m a fan of the month of March and all things Kelly green. I like the decorations, family fun and recipes. Another thing I love about this time of the year is going through the drive-thru at my local McDonalds to grab a Shamrock Shake. That minty green milkshake is so tasty and i’s the perfect treat for St. Patty’s Day celebrating! If you like those mint green shakes like I do then you’ll for sure love this shamrock shake fudge recipe.
Who doesn’t love fudge? It’s a popular treat for many a vacation scene. I absolutely must stop into a fudge shop whenever we go on vacation somewhere. Fudge just seems to be a staple for most vacation spots, am I right? (Mackinac Island has tons of fudge shops by the way. It’s a running joke even that the fudge shops outnumber the people who live on the island!) But making fudge at home is actually easier than you think and can be done in the microwave! The following St. Patrick’s Day fudge recipe is easy to make and perfect for the luck o the Irish March holiday.
Don’t miss out on my other favorite recipes on the Seeing Dandy blog!
Other shamrock ideas!
St. Patrick’s Day Microwave Fudge
This homemade shamrock shake fudge recipe is delicious and so easy to make!
1 (24 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract or other mint flavoring (like plain mint extract) to achieve the minty taste (the following food coloring will give the color)
Green gel food coloring will give you that green shake color!
*optional – You can drizzle chocolate syrup on top to be even more authentic to the mint shake!
What you’ll also need:
Shamrock sprinkles – Available HERE
Gold sanding sugar – Available HERE
Rainbow sprinkles – Available HERE
Shamrock silicone mold – Available HERE
What you’ll do to make the shamrock shake fudge recipe:
- Pour white chocolate chips, heavy cream and peppermint extract (or mint flavoring) in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Place bowl in microwave and heat on high in 30 seconds increments. Stir in between each increment until fully melted. Make sure that you do not overheat since this will cause the chocolate to seize up.
- Stir in a couple drops green food coloring to achieve the green color.
- Scoop the melted chocolate evenly into the silicone mold. Be sure to tap the mold down on the counter against to remove air pockets. This will help to prevent cracks from forming as the chocolate settles, but will also make sure the chocolate is evenly distributed through the mold.
- Spoon sprinkles immediately over the melted chocolate and then press gently to fix in.
- Place filled mold in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until the fudge has fully set. Remove from the mold by turning over onto a plate or cookie sheet.
- Package in cellophane bags tied with a green ribbon or serve on a dessert tray.
Look how cute these are! Such a delicious dessert. And the possibilities are endless when making fudge in the microwave. I’m already planning out all the other flavors in molds for the various seasons!
Like this shamrock shake fudge recipe? Be sure to check out the other recipes on the blog HERE.
Delicious Copycat Shamrock Shake Recipe
Looking for a minty milkshake recipe to make at home? While McDonald’s version is a favorite, has a great copycat recipe. The version of a shamrock shake looks quite authentic and delicious. You can get the recipe HERE.
I have my own copycat recipes on the blog HERE.
- Copycat Crumbl Pumpkin Cookie Recipe with Maple Glaze
- Copycat Starbucks Blended Strawberry With Pineapple Fizz
- Easy To Make 3-Ingredient Cobbler Using Cake Mix
- How to Make an Easter Candy Charcuterie Board the Entire Family Will Love
- How To Make Fruit Cobbler With Pie Filling: A Delicious and Easy Dessert
- Easy To Make Slow Cooker Chili With Bacon Plus A Secret Ingredient
- Easy Sweet Breakfast Charcuterie Board Ideas for Christmas Morning
- 4 Ingredient Weight Watchers Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Easter Cake Pops – Fun And Easy To Make Easter Dessert
- Easy To Make Carrot Cake Zucchini Bars – Perfect For Spring
- Gluten Free Instant Pot Round Steak Recipe
- Red Hots Valentine’s Day Punch Recipe