Teacher gifts for Christmas. It’s something that I actually stress out about each year, but also enjoy doing. I like to come up with something creative and different. This time around I decided to create snowflake cookies in a jar. Everything you need to know for making this teacher gift is below PLUS the free printable!
Teacher Gift Idea: Snowflake Cookies In A Jar
I got behind schedule with all the other holiday preparations, so only just finished these gifts today. It feels good to be done! When it comes to teacher gifts, I always worry that I’m doing it wrong. Like am I supposed to give the teachers a gift card? Because I never do. Someone once told me that a gift card means you didn’t know what to buy. Like you don’t really know the person or didn’t take the time to put thought into the gift. I guess it’s different if it’s a gift card to a specific place? One that the giver knows the receiver frequents or adores? I, on the other hand, always make something for the teachers and hope they don’t think it’s dumb. These cookies in a jar are super easy to make and go a long way in terms of budget.
What you’ll need to make snowflake cookies in a jar:
- 28 oz. glass jar with lid (I used these HERE because I love the shape.)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups coconut
What you’ll do to make snowflake cookies in a jar:
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Pour mixture into the jar to form the first layer. Hit the bottom of the jar lightly on the counter to settle and level the flour.
- Layer the brown sugar. Use a spoon to press it down.
- Next pour in the sugar layer.
- Then add the coconut. Also pressing it down.
- Print labels.
PDF printable is HERE.
Easy to make snowflake cookies in a jar!
Lastly affix labels to the lid (I used a glue stick) and around the jar with a ribbon.
That’s it! Enjoy! Or rather, I hope the teachers enjoy! *wink*
Be sure to check out the other DIY teacher gift ideas on the blog HERE.