You are not alone if you’ve been waking up in the morning with a headache or just feeling all stuffed up. It’s the most wonderful time of the year for that! These snowflake peppermint shower steamers are perfect for helping to combat that congestion in the morning.
Snowflake Peppermint Shower Steamers
Here in St. Louis the weather has been a chore lately. The temperature is just going up and down so much. One day it will be 35 degrees and the next day it will be back up into the 50’s. It’s just that time of the year. I’m not sick. The weather is just going up and down, which is creating some allergy like symptoms. One day it will be 35 degrees and the next day it’s back up to the 50’s. UGH. The struggle is real. But shower steam helps to fix the problem when you wake up in the morning!
How To Make Snowflake Peppermint Shower Steamers
1 1/2 cups cornstarch, divided
40 drops peppermint essential oil, divided
2 tablespoons witch hazel, divided
4-6 tablespoons water, divided
blue soap colorant (optional)
DIRECTIONS (see steps in pictures below)
1. Pour half of the cornstarch (3/4 cup) into a metal or glass mixing bowl. Add 20 drops of peppermint essential oil and 2 Tablespoons of water and stir.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of witch hazel. I like to use mine in a small spritzer bottle. It’s not required- I just think it gets distributed better that way). Stir again.
3. Pick some of the mixture up in your hand and squeeze it. If it holds its shape, it is ready to transfer to the mold. If not, add an additional tablespoon of water and stir.
4. Once your mixture passes the “squeeze test,” transfer to the snowflake molds, pressing down firmly to pack the mixture into each mold.
5. To make blue snowflake shower steamers, add 4-5 drops of blue soap colorant (more if you want a darker blue color) to a bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Add the colored water to the remaining cornstarch and mix. Add 20 drops of peppermint essential oil and stir well.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of witch hazel. Test the mixture to see if it clumps in your hand after squeezing it. If so, transfer the mix to the silicone molds. If not, add an additional tablespoon of water and stir. Repeat the “squeeze test.” If it stays together after squeezing the mixture, you are ready for the snowflake molds. If not, add an additional tablespoon of water.
7. Firmly pack the mixture into each mold and freeze for one hour.
8. Gently pop out each snowflake shower steamer from its silicone mold and allow to air dry overnight. Store in an airtight container. ENJOY!
Can be made with blue coloring or kept white.
Easy to make snowflake peppermint shower steamers.
HOW TO USE
1. Place 1-2 snowflake steamers in the corner of your shower, away from the main stream of water. The steam from the shower will help activate the steamer and release the uplifting and energizing aroma of peppermint!