My son has a holiday party at school tomorrow. I’m the lead mom. I needed a fun craft and snack for the party. So I thought… Why not combine the two? I’m having the kids make Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer rice krispy treats! I’ll have to share it on the blog after it’s all over. But for TODAY there’s this snowman recipe to share with you. These Snowman Rice Krispies Treats are also super easy for kids to make so perfect for the school holiday party you are planning!
Snowman Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
This recipe yields a 9 x 13 pan. Depending on the size of your cookie cutter, you’ll be able to make 8-10 Rice Krispies snowmen. The recipe below is for 8 snowmen.
INGREDIENTS FOR SNOWMAN RICE KRISPIES TREATS
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
Two 10 oz. bags of mini marshmallows
10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
DIRECTIONS FOR SNOWMAN RICE KRISPIES TREATS
1. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with vegetable spray and set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Add the marshmallows to the melted butter, stirring constantly.
4. Once the marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and stir in the cereal. Add the salt and stir until well-coated.
5. Using a rubber spatula (sprayed with vegetable spray ), transfer the cereal mixture to the prepared pan and press down firmly and evenly.
6. Allow the Rice Krispies to cool in the pan completely.
Easy To Make Snowman Rice Krispies Treats
INGREDIENTS FOR SNOWMEN… Think candy. Lots and lots of dandy candy!
1/2 cup Wilton white chocolate melts
3-4 strings black licorice (cut into eight 4 inch strips)
8 Orange Sprees
16 brown M&M’s
16 gummy Life Savers
Wilton black icing gel
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE SNOWMEN
1. Using a circle cookie cutter, cut out 8 snowman faces from your pan of cooled Rice Krispies.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the Wilton chips for 40 seconds. Stir until melted. (Or use this melting pot HERE.)
3. Spread a thin layer of the melted white chocolate on top of each round Rice Krispies treat. (Save any extra white chocolate for the assembly process).
4. Immediately firmly press a licorice strand onto the top of each snowman to resemble the top of ear muffs.
5. If the white chocolate on top of the Rice Krispies treats has hardened, you may have to microwave your remaining white chocolate for an additional 10-15 seconds.
6. For each snowman, dip one side of 2 lifesavers into the chocolate and place on the snowman to resemble the ear muffs.
7. Dip one side of 2 M&M’s into the chocolate and place on each snowman for the eyes.
8. Dip each candy Spree into the melted chocolate and press firmly into each snowman for the nose.
9. Using a Wilton black icing tube, pipe small dots to form the mouths.
Enjoy The Snowman Rice Krispies Treats
Aren’t those so adorable dandy? And so easy to make.
Other ideas for candies to use on these Snowman Rice Krispies Treats?
Happy school party planning!
Be sure to check out the other dandy recipes HERE.