Exciting news in the Lou! The St. Louis Aquarium at Union Station and The St. Louis Wheel are open again! We went down to Union Station in downtown St. Louis with some friends the end of January before everything locked down. There are just many great family attractions to see and do. It’s the perfect place for local family fun or a Midwest travel destination!
St. Louis Aquarium and St. Louis Wheel Have Reopened!
So much of our city closed down during the pandemic and I’m happy to announced that on Monday, June 8th the Aquarium and Wheel at Union Station in Downtown St. Louis have reopened. Plus, it’s great for Midwest travel because it’s connected to an amazing hotel.
Don’t miss out on any of the other St. Louis ideas on Seeing Dandy!
Be sure to visit the St. Louis Aquarium Conservation and Education Center
The St. Louis Aquarium Conservation and Education Center is free and open to the public. It has some really fun exhibits and many opportunities to learn.
My kids loved coloring their own fish and then watching it swim into the tank. 🐠
So much fun!
Aquarium regular hours have resumed from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. until 8 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
New Additions At The Aquarium
- “Annie,” a four-year-old Tamandua
- Zebra Sharks and Bonnethead Sharks
- Dive Show in the Shark Canyon exhibit- Shows will take place three times a day (11 a.m., 1:15 p.m. and 4 p.m.). Additionally you will be able to ask questions! The divers will be wearing special communications masks during the 20-minute shows.
- You’ll find new colorful murals on walls throughout.
What To Know Before You Go
Important information regarding the reopening of the Aquarium with a few of the current updates:
*Including protocols that are in accordance with St. Louis City Department of Health regulations.
- Currently advanced reservations for the aquarium are required. This includes season pass holders. Tickets will be timed and not sold at the ticket counter for same day visits, so make sure to plan ahead.
- Feeling unwell on the day of your visit? Simply contact the Aquarium and your tickets can be exchanged for a different date.
- Guests 9-years-old and above will be required to wear face masks. (All team members will be wearing masks as well.) Those who are unable to wear face masks due to pre-existing health conditions are exempt from this requirement.
- Guests will answer a survey before entering and temperatures will be taken via an infrared scanner.
- Cash will not be accepted, but credit cards will be taken where purchases are made.
- More hand sanitizing stations and floor decals to help guests maintain six feet social distancing.
- All of the additional protocols can be viewed HERE.
St. Louis Wheel Protocols
- Guests are encouraged to wear face masks. Team Members will be wearing face masks.
- Social distancing will be maintained with pavement markers and while loading/unloading the gondolas.
- Gondolas will be sanitized between groups.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the park.
- See additional protocols HERE.
Most importantly… have fun at the perfect place for local fun or Midwest travel!
Be sure to check out the other Midwest travel and St. Louis ideas on the blog HERE.