We had a big weekend around here! It’s nice to have some normalcy during this whole social isolating and quarantine thing. We had General Conference for our church all weekend and I made funnel cakes a lot. Read on to get the delicious strawberry shortcake funnel cake recipe. Plus, it’s a great copycat recipe to the fruit covered funnel cakes that are served at Disney!
Your Family Will Cheer For This Strawberry Shortcake Funnel Cake
Don’t miss out on any of the other delicious recipes on Seeing Dandy!
General Conference Tradition
Funnel cakes before dinner? Sure. Why not? It was General Conference weekend and being quarantined at the same time. We are typically always home for General Conference anyway. It’s twice a year and a time where we can watch the leaders of our church in Salt Lake City right in our own home. So Conference and funnel cakes might end up being a tradition for us.
Let’s be honest. Funnel cakes might actually have even been allowed dinner. Kidding. Kind of. We ordered our weekly take out. It’s something we can do to help the local businesses. I wish we could do it more often, but we also need to save some funds right now with all the unknowns. Plus, I’m a tad bit nervous that the food containers could be contaminated. I figure once a week is an okay risk. We cannot live in fear and quite frankly we can only do so much to protect ourselves. Just hope for the best. So on Saturday night we each ate funnel cakes and then ate dinner. And for lunch on Sunday? Totally just ate funnel cakes. Ha! It’s fine every now and again. * wink *
Easy To Make Strawberry Shortcake Funnel Cake Recipe
Tastes just like the funnel cake at Disney!
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla
- strawberries, powdered sugar, and whipped cream
- 1/2 cup sugar for strawberry mixture
- Slice strawberries and stir with 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
A delicious juice will form!
- Heat 4 cups of oil in the fryer.
- Beat milk, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large size bowl. Make sure that it’s mixed well and then set aside.
- Use a separate medium size bowl to mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- Combine the dry mixture with the wet mixture in the large size bowl and then mix well.
- Place a few paper towel squares on a plate to use at the end of the recipe.
- Fill a batter bottle or funnel with the prepared batter.
- Dispense batter by starting in the center of the fryer and then make circular motions towards the outer edge of the maker.
- Fry for approximately 1-2 minutes on each side. Funnel cake will be a nice golden brown.
- Carefully remove the funnel cake with tongs and place on the paper towel to allow the excess oil to drain.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, strawberries, and top with whipped cream.
*This recipe yields about 6 individual funnel cakes.
So easy to make and delicious!
Be sure to check out the other delicious recipes and gluten free recipes on the blog HERE.