I’m a big fan of my mom’s fairy pudding recipe, but I’m also a big fan of gluten free dessert because that’s where I’m at in life. Fingers still crossed for a magic pill to one day allow me to eat whatever I want, but for now I’m just adhering to the celiac disease diet of no gluten. I decided to give it a try using the Toffee Tastic Girl Scout cookies as the crust of the fairy pudding dessert… And it worked!
Toffee Tastic Girl Scout Cookies
Now some people find the those gluten free Girl Scout cookies to be a “bleak, flavorless, gluten free wasteland“. Not me. I love those toffee flavored yummies. But I’ve always been partial to shortbread cookies and these remind me of shortbread with some toffee pieces mixed in. Creating the gluten free version of the fairy pudding dessert was easy to do and came out perfect!
Toffee Tastic Fairy Pudding Gluten Free Dessert Recipe
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 2 small packages chocolate instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- 1 box Toffee Tastic Girl Scout cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush about 10 cookies (almost the entire box) and mix with margarine. Press into 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degree for 25-30 minutes and then cool.
- Combine powdered sugar, cream cheese, and 1 cup of Cool Whip. Mix well and then spread on top of baked crust.
- Mix pudding and milk until set. Spread on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Cover with remaining Cool Whip and chill before serving.
It’s seriously that easy to make, so delicious and gluten free.
Thanks to those delicious gluten free Toffee Tastic cookies!
Add some sprinkles if you prefer!
If you liked this recipe then be sure to check out the other delicious gluten free recipes on the blog HERE.